Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I wish everyday was Sunday.

I must admit, being an older parent has it’s privileges. Time has managed to tame my A-type personality and I am no longer obsessed with the trivial. I know I appreciate Nic more because of my new found calm. Though John has always been mellow (and when I say “mellow”, I mean Jedi level mellow), it took Nic to make me appreciate the, “watching the grass grow” mentality. Sunday is our family day. It’s the day we’ve chosen to show Nic “life” and all the wonders it has to offer. We show him things everyday, but on Sunday, he gets Mom and Dad - all day. We schlep him to tide pools at 8:00 a.m. (that’s right, cause that’s when the tide is low), we take him to the local farmers market (he hand picks his own strawberries for snack), or we go to the beach to build sandcastles (and also feed seagulls stale bread). Last Sunday we took Nic to Bonfante Gardens http://www.bonfantegardens.com/. It’s a cool place for kids around Nic’s age. It’s an even better place if you have a WOW season pass (you don’t have to pay the $40 admission). This pass includes Great America admission as well and I highly recommend it for anyone with a family (best $100 bucks we’ve ever spent). Bonfante Gardens is a place where the grown-ups appreciate the gardens and the kids appreciate the rides. It also has a water park section that helps cool down hot minds. Just something to think about for your , "Sundays”. Bring a small towel and lots of batteries for your camera.

No comments: